Wednesday, February 23, 2011

St. Scholastoca's hEARd me

Ms. Hazel Tan from St. Scholastica's College, Manila invited me to set-up a booth during their Ed Soc (Education Society) Week and ask me to be a speaker so that I can tell the students that having a disability does not mean that you have to be handicapped and won't be able to do anything.

I started with an introduction

then showed an AVP about me




and my mom read the speech I made since I won't be able to deliver it well. (Mascot lang ako ;P)

"...I look at my NF2 as a blessing in disguise. If not for my NF2, I will not be on this stage talking to you. I won’t be able to do what I’m currently doing: inspiring people and helping others. I won’t have any stories to share. I have learned so well that in this life, even though things and situations happen not as how we want and expect them to be, but believe me, there is always a good reason behind each one of them. Acceptance is the key. Faith is the weapon. Prayer is the wing. God is in control. Even if one, two, some, or all senses and faculties fail to function, the heart still beats. Even if the eyes are blind, the heart still can see and feel through the love. Even if the ears fail to listen, the heart can still hear the whisperings of love. It is the heart that must be open at all times, to give love and to receive love...."

We set-up a booth & was able to sell my items on Monday & Tuesday (Feb21&22)

Thank your heart-warming support Scholasticans!


1 comment:

  1. i admire your courage + your passion for life, kcat. i hope one day i may be able to help in ways that i can..my prayers are with you and your family. hang in there, i know god has greater plans for you...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...