Monday, May 23, 2011

MAY Birthday Project 2011: SUCCESS!

We made a lot of faces (both patients & their guardians) SMILE once again. Thank you to everyone who supported us! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

(group pic before the gift-giving)

We really scheduled my (very successful) surgery on an earlier date (last April) so that I would have been fuuly-recovered when the month of May comes and we could push through with my annual birthday gift-giving. God is great! Everything went more than what we have planned.

(second stop)

When I first thought of this project, my idea wasn't too grand, just a simple gift-giving in one of the pedia wards of PGH. Besides, caring and sharing don't come in the pocket or wallet, it comes from the heart. Yes, I thought I could only reach out to one just 1 ward because I might not be able to solicit a lot. But I was overwhelmed with all the support I got from my friends who supported me and shared their time, effort and money for the event. These people are indeed my blessings and I wanted to share them to those patients.

(not everyone was able to come inside the ICU, but  we're all happy to share with the babies inside)

I fell in love with the feeling of accomplishment after the gift-giving back in 2007. Ang sarap sarap sarap! The first thing I said after the event was, "Next year uli!" and again and again and again.

(Our last stop. Too tired to pose for the cam?
It's a miracle, di sumali ang mga camera adik. ;P)

I may not be able to hear/understand their "thank you" & "happy birthday", but I am able to see and feel their happiness all over the place.

I was so touched when a couple of patients & bantay(s) sent me a text message after, not to ask for help, which I often get before, but to send their deepest gratitude. Ang saya saya saya! Until next year, and the coming years because I'll still have more birthdays to come, right?





Thank you for joining me on my project: Abhie San Pedro, Jen Arellano & friends, Doc Jon, Ms. Arlyn & colleagues, Mrs. Rina Hizon, Ms. June Estrella, Patrick Ian Cordero, Joanne Gonzales, Marilou Lim, Adie Asis & family, Owie Pascual, Tito Ernie Leones, Tita Nita Siazar, Ms. Brigette, DPWH-SMED employees & contractors, Ate Cecile Pesayco & family, Janice Hernandez, Lea Lumanang & family, Ate Myles & Kuya AJ Medina, MB Students & Campuses Staffs, Ate Dang Lagunero, Cielito Mateo, Eric Tayson, Marie Aniag, Emoy Franisco & family, Jenalyn Estiller, Aimee Claros, Sarah Jervoso, Madie Cuz & Mau Funtanar, Elizabeth Magsaysay-Tasic, Angie Masilan, Tita Dorie Ang, Jeff Policarpio, Che Melendez, April Policarpio, Tito Jim Lopez, Mang (Modesta Lopez), Kayze Banico, Kathreen Banico, Kariz Banico, Ate Bel Banico, Michelle Tuason, JJ Aguila, Laiza Nokumura, Jerome Orbista, MJ Estonilo, Lizelle Pineda, Kristel de Ramos, Jellene Guiang, Joan, Annie Lozada, Charm Gregorio, Rey Refran, Dex Obsequias, Tita Angie Tibayan, Tito Rino Tibayan, Paula Tibayan, Athan Tibayan, Nicole Tibayan, Judy Masmayor, Camille Loyola, Jenrik Loyola, Ate Jiji Olarte, Ate Dang Batac, Holyann Roberto, Chrissie Roberto, Tita Hedy Tan, Ate Jamie Martinez & son, Clown 1 & Clown 2, etc. etc. Sa family ko pa pala (isasali ko na name nila kasi baka mainggit ;P): Mami, Dadi, Talitha & Maro, and sa lahat lahat lahat (sorry if di ko nasulat yung iba).. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!


Pictures herehereherehere and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...