Saturday, April 30, 2016
Breakdown of my stitches:
7 - HEAD
1. Open-Close Brain Surgery 2005 – 1st major surgery.
2. VP Shunt 2005 – My head was super painful, I often passed out from the pain, hydrocephalus was already transforming, my head was so stressed from the pain.
3. Cochlear Implant 2008
4. Tumor Removal (that’s making my right eye to bulge out) 2011
5. Immediate Brain Surgery (6cm progressive tumor that’s causing a lot of pressure) 2016
6. Minor Surgery: Tumor removal in my forehead (thought it was just sebaceous cyst, was not diagnosed with NF yet) 1998
7. Very minor surgery to close a scar from a rollerblading accident 1996- I fell on the ground & my chin was cut-open.
1 – LEFT ARM: Tumor removal (thought it was just sebaceous cyst, was not diagnosed with NF yet) 1996
1 – LOWER BACK: Tumor removal (thought it was just sebaceous cyst, was not diagnosed with NF yet) 1996 –my left arm was being closed, while my back was being opened. I was was very much awake & I was 12 years old then. That was my first minor surgery.
1 – LEFT RING FINGER: Tumor removal (thought it was just sebaceous cyst, was not diagnosed with NF yet) 1998 – this was done together with my forehead minor surgery
3 – STOMACH
1. Gastrostomy 2006
2. Feeding tube insertion – Gastrostomy 2006 –Yes, there were 2.
3. VP Shunt 2005 – there is a tube inside of me from my head going to my stomach to drain the fluids.
1 – RIGHT HAND: A schwannoma near my palm was getting bigger and painful so it has to be removed 2009- I was able to watched the whole procedure and it was about 20 or 30 minutes.
1 – RIGHT BIG TOE FINGER: Schwannoma removal 2012 – The tumor was so small yet very painful that’s why I had it removed.
TOTAL= 15 Stitches (so far)