Saturday, September 09, 2006

Ina Mo

it's not her birthday.. it's not mother's day either.. but i'm writing about my mom..

senti mode muna ha.. haha.

i'm not really expressive until i became deaf.. i always express how i feel.. wala lang. feeling ko i need to let it out.. so, yun nga, i always tell the person how i feel for him/her..

so now, my mom naman..

i am really really grateful for my mom.. she's the one who takes care of me.. so if i finally got better, it'll be because of my mom.. i'm getting better na nga eh.. i don't feel weak anymore.. basta i'll be fully well soon!

back to my mom.. actually, she's also sick.. she wass diagnosed with SLE (systematic lupus erythematosus).. a sick person taking care of another sick person.. galing noh? of course, it's amazing talaga as what dr. lopez said.. but that amazing thing is for another entry.. coming soon.. back to my mom uli.. syempre, like any other son/daughter, i've been my mom's pain in the ass din.. i've been a disobeying child naman.. i come home late at night making my mom worried.. or sometimes a lot of times pala, i come home the next day na.. and i've done a lot of disobeying stuffs normal teenager does.. normal nga ba yun? maybe, i've took my mom for granted at times.. not considering her with my decisions.. i'm not really regretting the things i've done wrong.. it's done na eh.. naisip ko lng siya.. you know naman, i really got a lot of time thinking about stuff.. back ulit to my mom.. hehe. actually, she's not at home right now.. she's admited at the hospital coz her immune system has really dropped and her blood count is very low.. so she was advised by her doctor to rest in the hospital.. coz when she's at home, she really does a lot, abusing her body and always tiring it.. she takes care of me na nga.. syempre i got a brother and sister pa.. so she takes care of them too.. she's doing a lot of household chores pa.. if there's a superman, there's also a superwoman.. my mom's a superwoman.. mali.. talitha's our superwoman pala.. hehe. so supermom nalang! i'm really proud of her.. galing! the doctors salutes her nga eh.. then her doctor told her residents that my mom is her best lupus patient.. oo naman! then my doctor told her that daig niya pa yung ibang doctors coz they have no idea about neurofibromatosis. my mom knows a lot about it..

actually, i'm home alone right now.. not really. i'm with my lola and our maid pala.. i just don't have my parents around.. and also my bro and sis pala.. syempre my mom's in the hospital with my sis.. and my dad's in batangas with my bro.. no parents? that's what most kids like.. but not me.. hehe. actually, my dad's taking care of me right now since my mom's not around.. he just went to batangas.. but he'll arrive din later.. my mom left me to my dad's care with reminders posted around the house.. we we're joking nga that my mom's the consultant and my dad's the resident doctor in the house.. hehe. my lola? she's the nurse assistant naman.. haha.

my mom's coming home tomorrow.. yey! and she still need a lot of rest.. i told her nga dapat when she comes home all she has to do is eat, sleep, cook (my mom's cooking is the the best in the world daw sabi ni maro) and take care of me if she likes.. mag-computer pa pala.. haha. she needs to get better coz i'm getting better na.. para pareho na kmeng magaling! para happy na! yey!

i miss my mom.. her home cooked meals which i really enjoy eating.. kaya siguro ako tumaba ng ganito.. hehe. we often talk about the things thats happening around.. telling me the chikas (even tsismis.. haha) so that i'll still be updated in what's happening around.. i miss her.. drama ko noh? parang batang iniwan ng ina.. oo nga.. hehe. it's ok. it's for the better naman & she'll be home soon..

btw, here's my mom's email.. the reason for this post.. coz i don't wanna just post her letter eh.. gusto ko my mahabang intro muna.. it's long talaga.. so here it goes..


Hello everyone!!!!

I'd like to share to everyone how lucky I am to be Ka3na's Mom. It's been 2 years now since I started being so worried and super super stressed about Kathrina's disease.But never in my mind did I thought of giving up, I used to be a negative thinker especially when I learned about my disease (Systemic Lupus), I tried reading a lot of about positive thinking but it didn't work then. As I face the trials of life and realized what's God's purpose for me, the reasons for being in this world I became strong, but what a shame I only realized it in my 40's .It's never too late . . . sabi nga ni kcat there is a reason for evrerything. . . this is part of God's plan for us.

After kathrina's health deteriorated last October, I never thought of giving up. I always believe that prayers can move mountains and miracles do happen. It is in our faith that we will be healed. And we hold on to that. It was kathrina who taught me this. We came to a point that we struggled between good and evil . . .that was last Holy Week when kcat was so anxious about her situation. And she taught she was losing her mind. We fought for that. And we've won, I asked her how she overcome that, it is because of her strong faith in GOD.

Kathrina is recovering now, she weighs 120 lbs and her waistline is already 34 inches. Super big na, she used to be the skinny kcat, now biggie kcat na, change wardrobes, from small sizes of clothes to large or sometimes extra large. Di ba? Miracles do happen if we believe? and hold on.

She's now back for rehabilitation to regain her strength, it was stopped due to a lot of health reasons ( i was sick, kcat was sick, the dr. was sick), and now we are back. After two months of absence with her rehab doctor, alot of developments on kcat's health happened. Her accupuncture therapy did helped alot, thanks to Dra. Garcia, her rehab doctor. And finally, Dra. Garcia referred kcat for other forms therapy to fully stegthen her. She's having her Occupational therapy (OT) to strengthen her facial muscles for her speech and swallowing disorder, and likewise, since kcat is lefthanded and it is weak right now, the OT will teach kcat to use the right hand so she could write, and do alot of things, and maybe paint again?. She is also having her Physical Therapy, this is to help her walk again and strengthen her left arm. Exciting di ba???? And finally her accupuncture therapy this is to normalized the imbalances in her body, I always hope that this could stop the tumors from being aggressive since new ones are still growing in her body right now, no meds yet for preventng the tumors from growing, this is part of the disease. And the best med is really PRAYERS.


Kathrina's a little bit expert on lip reading now.. Kaya she's able to read and follow instructions from her therapists. Tuwang tuwa naman yung therapists nya kasi they can see motivation on Kcat's side. Talagang willing syang gumaling and ganado nman ang mga therapist nya to help her, kahit she can't hear, sabi nga nya life must go on, kailangan na nyang gumaling.

I always want to share this experience to everyone especially those who are sick. Kcat's struggle in life is very much inspiring. I am the No.1 fan of Kcat. I really feel sick right now, my doctor already advice me to be hospitalized so she could workout on my health, it could b that my lupus is active at the moment, but I chose to be with my kids, and my doctor agreed, that kcat needs me more. All she said is "Madge, all we can depend on right now is GOD, and prayers. HOLD ON". I know I CAN. If Kcat can't do alot like what she wrote in her poem, but still she can. I CAN too because I Can still do alot.

Your continuous prayers for Kcat's full recovery always means alot for us. AGAIN AND AGAIN MARAMING MARAMING SALAMAT SA MGA TAONG NAGMAMAMAHAL SA AMIN NG BUONG PUSO. AT SUPER SUPER THANKS TO OUR WONDER WOMAN, TALITHA WHO IS REALLY A BIG HELP TO ME AND KCAT. AND OUR WONDER BOY MARO WHO TAKES CARE OF ATE ALSO.


GOD BLESS US ALL!!!


MADGE


the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...