Saturday, August 02, 2008

They CAN.. They did!

I originally stumble this video from one my multiply contacts..

This is the text on her post:
A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me?' The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'. So one day, the son asked his father again, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.'
To which, his father said 'Yes' .


For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island of Hawaii .


Father and son went on to complete the race together



I can't hear it but I was moved by their story..

If you like this post, subscribe via email:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...