Saturday, May 16, 2009

Be strong. Go forward. Move ahead.

"ate kat!
may papanood nga pala ako sayo. napanood mo na ba 1 litre of tears? naaalala kita habang pinapanood ko un eh... sobrang inspirational ung story, and napaka optimistic."
-Rica
Thanks Rica for recommending this!

syempre I searched it kagad.. naintriga ako. I watched it. i got hooked. i finished the whole episode lastnight (buti nalang nag-cooperate ang dsl connection ko.. hehe)

1 Litre of Tears
http://www.mysoju.com/1-litre-of-tears/
This beautifully moving drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled “One Litre of Tears"
has sold over 1.1 million copies in Japan alone.
Fifteen year old Ikeuchi Aya was just a normal girl, soon to be high school student and daughter of a family who works at a shop that makes tofu. As time passed, unusual things started happening to Aya lately. She started falling down often and walks in a strange way. Her mother Shioka, takes Aya to see the doctor, and he informs Shioka that Aya has spinocerebellar degeneration - a terrible disease where the cerebellum of the brain gradually deteriorates to the point where the victim cannot walk, speak, write, or eat. A cruel disease, as it does not affect the mind in the least. How will Aya react when told about her disease? And how will Aya live from now on?
-----
I really feel for Aya.. Who wouldn't? I really admire her courage, determination & motivation.. When she was trying hard to exercise and regain her strength, She said that she's working really hard on her rehabilitation because she might forget how to walk.. something like that.. And twice a week of rehabilitation isn't enough for her, so she ask her mom & doctor if she could be confined in the hospital.. While I'm watching her in the rehab area doing her PT session & saw her practicing at home.. I told myself, I'll have Aya's determination.. She's not getting any better but she's really doing her best.. Eh I'm getting better, so if I'll put an extra effort with my rehabilitation.. I will be able to walk again soon! Yey!

When Aya found out about her illness.. Like any other patients.. She cried and ask "Why did the illness choose me?" I tried to recall when when I knew I'm sick & have brain tumors.. I never questioned God why.. Then I really felt grateful.. Coz when I learned my illness, I accepted it at once.. Though I really think the normal reaction if a person knew he/she is sick (w/ something rare, rare or whatever) is question it or be in denial.. So that means, I'm really abnormal! Haha! Though I cried after a few days of learning about it.. Because I felt like I should cry.. But I stopped because I'm really not sure why I'm crying & I don't want to have a puffy eye in the morning.. Hehe. Basta I'm so grateful.. It all sink in & registered to me when I became so weak (Holyweek 2006) & felt really helpless.. But I overcome it.. And I not only accepted it, but I'm also living with it.. ;)

If I could cry & produce tears, I won't make 1 litre of tears from watching the series.. Maybe 1 shot glass.. Haha! But. But. But. I cried & produced tears! As in.. Maybe 3 drops.. Then I shouted 'Yehey!' because there are tears.. Haha! But I pause it & switch to another window and play Facebook Apps when the drama is getting heavier coz I might cry continuously then hyperventilate.. So I need to relax first before continuing.. Besides, sayang coins.. Haha!

After watching the whole series, I told myself.. I CAN talagang talaga! Live on.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...interesting...I'll check this out. I love korean flicks. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...