Friday, May 08, 2009

Let's give them HOPE

"Sometimes we take pens and pencils for granted. But for some unfortunate but beautiful children, these are very special things. These can make life in school a little better, a little easier."
-Pens of Hope
A few years ago, I visited a school in my home province and noticed that some kiddos go to school without any writing instruments. In one classroom, I noticed a child writing with a pencil about 2.5-inch in length. Imagine how difficult it is to write with a writing instrument of that length!


It made me sad to see those children in that situation. In spite of the government’s effort, there are still many poor families in my province. These families struggle between between buying meals and buying pens and pencils (and other school supplies). Meals always win, and pens and pencils (and other school supplies) take the backseat. But I was consoled by the fact that at least they still manage to attend school instead of dropping out.

So today I am launching this little project called Pens of Hope.

-Nortehanon


You can read about it here.


Grab a badge & post it on your sites as well..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...