Monday, August 15, 2011

KCAT CAN: Happy Thoughts

This was my column last August 1, 2011.. Sorry for the late post. I have no computer for sometime. Anyway, here it is:


Happy thoughts
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza 
August 1, 2011

When I was younger, my most favorite color was yellow. I like it because of its bright and happy hue. Growing up, I learned that yellow symbolizes optimism and so I liked it even more.

I tried living according to the color’s given meaning, that is, living life with a positive attitude and an optimistic outlook. There have been times when I became overly positive, but as I tell friends, I am a realistic optimist, I make sure that I remain grounded in the realities of life.


Right now, my most favorite color is purple or violet, although I still love yellow. Those two colors complement each other. I live by the saying that “Everything has a reason”, the color purple, being the color of purpose, suits the principle that I live by. Combining the two colors results to a beautiful meaning – “My purpose in life is to share my optimism.”

In 2006, my friend Sarah told me about the Law of Attraction, which states that we attract everything that we think about. If we think that we are happy, then we are going to be happy; we attract ourselves to whatever we think, whatever we believe in, and to whatever we concentrate our energies on. If we think negatively, we attract negative vibrations too.

A few weeks ago, the producer of a radio-TV show invited my mom and me to be guests on her show. The program topic was ‘’How Positive Thinking Can Help Our Lives.’’ The show was called Chink Positive hosted by Chinkee Tan. My mom and I had fun sharing our stories and how God has continually worked in my life. Thanks to the nice lighting, I was able to read my mom’s lips clearly while she was talking.

When asked what my final message was, I thought of one of my sayings in the button pins that I design and sell: “Every negative has a positive.” Take my sickness, for example. Being sick is not good, but through this, I have received a lot of blessings in different forms. Because of this, I am able to share everything that God has done for me.

Before the show ended, Mr. Tan asked for my cellphone number so that listeners and viewers may contact me. I was so touched and happy with all the messages that I received, telling me how I inspired them, wanting to give their help, and most of all including me in their prayers. It was a good opportunity to make people happy. Just thinking about it makes me happier even more.

Do you want to be inspired? Tune in to Chink Positive every Sunday at 6-8 a.m. on 92.3 FM, simulcast over Aksyon Tv on UHF channel 41.

Imagine, believe, move (do something), and pray. I did not learn that from books or from anyone. I practiced them and found them to be very effective in achieving everything that I have wished for. The outcomes may not always be what I expected them to be, but I have always believed that they are for my best interests. According to the Bible, our Lord Jesus said, “Ask and you shall receive.” Do it with all your heart - with no ifs and no buts.

Think happy everyday! Smile!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...