Tuesday, August 30, 2011

KCAT CAN: This journey called life

Like going on an road trip, we'll never really enjoy it unless we and look out the window to observe the terrains as it goes by..


After writing this article, I kept on thinking what picture should I attach? I told myself, "wala na nga lang".. And then..


This journey called life
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza 
August 29, 2011

Traffic jams are everywhere these days, no matter what route we take, we cannot avoid them.


One sunny weekend, while my family and I were on our way to see a movie, the traffic was moving so slow and caused us to be a few minutes late for the start of the movie. I used to hate traffic jams so much, who doesn’t anyway?

But recently, it’s not so much of a bother anymore since I use the waiting time to think, to daydream, or to play games on my iPad. So while we were on the road that sunny weekend, I randomly told my mom that I have thought of a topic to write about.

Life is a journey full of adventures. we encounter a lot of humps, bumps, traffic jams, obstacles. There are also times when the roads are smooth and easier for us to tread. There are times when we need to hike over a mountain, cross a river, or even a flood. There may be times when we travel by plane, soaring up in the air, but still making sure that our two feet are on the ground.

Along this journey called life, we will be confronted with different situations — happy and sad, easy and difficult, heartaches and bliss. They all form part of our journey. Without them, life would become such a bore. Without them, we will never learn anything from our journey. Without them, we can never feel that we are humans, alive and with a heart pulsating with emotions.

We travel on a one-way road. We can’t make a U-turn and go back. We cannot undo what we have done. We do not have the power to turn back the hands of time nor to stop the clock from ticking. When things do not seem to go our way, we can either make the best out of an unfortunate situation, or we just leave it behind and let it affect us later on, or just simply let go.

We are not traveling alone, we cross paths with different people along the way. We may have an individual road to travel, but we cross paths with different people from time to time who would share different roles in our lives. These people may come and go, or even stay for a lifetime, but no matter what, they all came for a reason — to make this journey more meaningful.

I want to share something that I snagged from my Facebook wall which is written in Tagalog, but I translated it into English: “In this life, sometimes we need to take a look behind for we may have missed out on someone, or we may have left someone behind. We need to look to our left and to our right for we may have elbowed someone. We need to look down for we may have stepped on someone. And most important of all, we need to look up for we may have forgotten to call on God.”

When we are traveling, it’s always nice to look around and enjoy every moment. Just like in life, we need to enjoy and live it well so that we won’t have any regrets afterwards. As the saying goes, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

If life is a journey, where are we headed? It’s still one of the biggest mysteries of all time. But after thinking it through, I have my own answer.

It may be right or it may be wrong. I think we may be headed home because every time we travel or go on a trip, we always head home afterwards. Even after working overseas, it’s always nice to go home once in a while. There may be instances when someone needs to migrate somewhere, but his or her home will forever be with the mother country.

In life, where is our home then? It may be death since we all came from birth. It may be heaven or hell depending on how good or bad we were. For some, the end could be the beginning which is referred to as afterlife or reincarnation. As they say, there is light at the end of the tunnel, and for me, that light would be God, my creator and my home.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...