Monday, August 15, 2011

KCAT CAN: The power to dream


It's free to dream and there's no limit to it. Pangarap nga eh. So, what are you dreaming of?

Once we dream, we start to create a goal, and that dream would help us move forward with patience and determination until we finally reach that goal.


The Power to dream
by Maria Kathrina Lopez Yarza 
August 15, 2011

Every night, I shut my eyes, say my night prayer and try to get sleep. But I have difficulty in sleeping immediately. It usually takes 30 minutes to an hour, or sometimes even longer, for me to finally doze off.


So as I lay on my bed, I daydream until I fall off to sleep. I imagine about things that I would want to happen, places that I would want to go to, food that I would love to eat, and dreams that I wish to fulfill.

There are times when I get overly excited with what I am consciously dreaming of, wishing for the sun to rise up quickly so I could wake up from bed and start making it happen. But I would end up going back to sleep.

On one sleepless night, I wondered what other people’s dreams were? Dreaming costs nothing and has no limit. As they say, “Libre lang ang mangarap.” So I ask: What are your dreams? Parents would include their children in their dreams; a child would dream of a better life for his parents; the dream of a better career would appear on almost everyone’s list.

Whatever our dreams are, we can make them happen. Some dreams may seem impossible, but they are not, in my belief. How can we know that it cannot and will not happen without even trying? It is always better to have tried than not to have tried at all.

There will be times when things will not exactly happen the way we expect them to. So we accept that they are not meant to happen. Similarly, when it seems that God did not give an affirmative answer to our prayers, it is because He knows what is best for us, and has something in mind that is better for us.

When I was a child, I remember dreaming of wanting a toy house for my Barbie dolls. I dream of only having summer times, Christmas seasons, and my birthday days all year round. It a wish that I don’t need to put an effort to at all. All I have to do is imagine and be a good girl so that my parents or someone else would grant my wish. I asked some kids and one answered that he wants to be a robot. A couple of kids want to have cool toys, while most of them want to go to Disneyland.

I asked some sick friends too about their dreams and most of them believe that it is quite difficult to dream with their health conditions. I disagree. Everyone can dream and as impossible as it may look and sound, this kind of thinking and attitude is what will keep us going.

Whenever I am asked what my greatest dream is, I would always answer, “Mabuhay.” It means living and not only mere existing. The challenge would be to live this ordinary life in an extraordinarily way.

My high school friends Dianne jokingly told me that one of her dreams is for her answer to be included in this article. So in order for that dream to come true, I will share that one of her dreams is: ‘To be able to give back to my parents what they have sacrificed for’. It is a very good and inspiring dream, and very attainable, I must say — even without using the magic wand of Cinderella’s fairy godmother. =)

Miracle Liwag’s only dream is for her three-year-old daughter Naomi Nicollete to get better. Naomi was born with a congenital heart disorder called Tetralogy of Fallot or also known as blue baby. She needs to undergo a much needed open-heart surgery come November 2011 which will cost around R500,000. Miracle is a single mom and is currently working in Qatar as a receptionist to save up for her daughter’s needs.

Currently, Naomi is under the care of her maternal grandmother and other relatives. They are all helping each other to save up for needed money. Naomi and Miracle’s family recently started a fund drive called: One Shirt, One Heart. They sell personalized designed shirts for P350.00 each in different colors and sizes.

I myself know how one shirt can help make a difference, and buying Naomi’s shirt would help Miracle to be one step closer to making her dream come true. If you wish to help and buy a shirt, you may contact Morena Liwag at 09228613711 or Tristan Firmalino at 09234534549. You can visit her website at: http://bluebaby-naomi.blogspot.com

Keep on dreaming. Keep on believing. It is free. And it is a choice.

-----------------------------


While writing this article, I talked to God & said, "Lord kailangan ko po ng taong may pangarap na pwedeng i-cite as example or meron po ba kong pwedeng tulungan na bagay sa topic ko?"
And then I recieved a notification on Facebook, someone tagged me. Kuya Carlo Cordoviz.


God never fails to amaze me! He answered me in less than a minute. Amazing!

And Isn't it nice to be a reason for someone else’s dream to come true? We can all be dream makers and dream achievers, not only for ourselves, but for others as well.

Miracle Liwag’s only dream is for her three-year-old daughter Naomi Nicollete to get better. Naomi was born with a congenital heart disorder called Tetralogy of Fallot or also known as blue baby. She needs to undergo a much needed open-heart surgery come November 2011 which will cost around R500,000. Miracle is a single mom and is currently working in Qatar as a receptionist to save up for her daughter’s needs.

Let's help in making Miracle's dreams come true. Let us support Naomi Nicolette and visit: http://bluebaby-naomi.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...